Sunday, September 6, 2009

she thinks I am the one

This is... so right, so simple and wonderful and natural. But...
This is also so hard, so complicated and exhausting and challenging. But...

I love it here.

Right now I'm in bed, with the window open so I can smell the rain I hear and the our clock is playing music that echoes throughout campus at noon and five. It's as if the grounds are singing. Offering me reassurance of belonging twice a day.

I love it.

The first week of classes ended with fire dancing and the most magnificant firework display of my life. That night we hung out in the lounge, I helped Audrey rearrange her room, which resulted in huge amounts of laughter. And I slept pantless since my roommate is home for the long weekend.

I love it.

Theory will kick my ass, but I'll work hard and get help from a lot of people and when I leave here I will have the skills to be a good band director and teach my students so it's not so hard for them. By taking bass clarinet lessons and playing it in U-Band and playing contrabass clarinet in Wind Ensemble I will leave this year so much better than I came in. It's killer hard and I'll spend more time in practice rooms than I ever imagined.

I love it.

I even like work. I like the people I work with and when I know information for someone I feel great, and when I don't... well... good thing i've always been a good liar...

Yesterday after work Mel and I headed over to the new music student thing. We all talked and they gave us a tour and then we headed over to the music themed house for a BBQ. It was great to sit there with people I know and don't know. To laugh and talk and listen to music. We left around 7 probably. Three friends and I then walked to the store to get food for our rooms and ended up with a big group of people in the lounge watching 10 things I hate about you and Wanted.

Even though there are times I miss Corvallis; La Roca burritos, American Dream cookies, Chip Ross Park, Bald Hill, familiar faces and hugs. I love it here. So, so, so much.

Today I work for three hours, need to do at least 45 minutes of practice for theory, at least 2 hours of bass clarinet and at least an hour of contrabass. Before the end of the weekend I need to do french homework (which is easy), figure out a plan and probably make an outline for my first paper, do more practice tomorrow, and should read my stats book. For now, I'm going to take a nap before heading to work. And hopefully wake up on time.
And then Tuesday, start another week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy things are going well for you! I mailed your letter today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you love it! I feel the same way, except for you still get to experience rain.
    I miss rain a lot.

    ReplyDelete