Monday, September 28, 2009

oh, it is love

Last week was long, exhausting in every way, frustrating, upsetting, hard and overall not a good experience. 
Thursday night I purchased train tickets.
Friday afternoon two of my friends met me when I got out of wind ensemble and drove me to the train station.
Friday night Zippy greeted me more enthusiastically than ever before in our lives. 
Technically Saturday morning I went to bed in my room, with it's familiar layout and lighting, with my kitty in my arms.
Saturday I saw people. I talked to people. I hugged people. I ate a burrito at La Roca. I wanted to go hiking but it was just too hot.
Saturday night I went to bed in my comfortable wonderful bed and didn't mind being continuously woken up by Zippy.
Sunday morning I slept in and was woken up by my cat meowing at me.
Sunday, like so many times before, I drove to NAMS, knocked on the door and was let in by Mr. Nelson. We talked for over an hour while sorting through music. It was really really good for me.
Sunday afternoon, I got on the bus and left.
Sunday night I got off the train to find three of my friends waiting for me, running towards me to have an excited group hug. I was surprised to learn how much I had missed them having only known them a month and having only been gone two days.
Upon getting back into the dorm it was a more extreme version of that, Audrey and I running towards each other from seperate ends of the hall, so many people saying things like "Jenna! You're back! We missed you!" and being so glad to see people. It was amazing.
There were people I saw while home that I didn't realize just how much I really did miss them until we were walking towards each other. There were things that happened at home that I didn't really realize just how much I needed until they were happening. But it was better to learn how much I missed the people here, and how great it was to return to it.
I'm starting fresh, and I'm trying to hope for the best.
so much love to all of you

4 comments:

  1. this post is so full of happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're getting a clean slate.
    It seems like the best possible thing
    BESIDES HUMMUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy it worked out for you! :)

    ReplyDelete